Served 10 years as a submarine sailor in the United States Navy.
18 years of service in law enforcement.
Served as a teacher of social studies at multiple schools within the Shawnee Mission school district.
Kelsey Smith Foundation
Executive Director, Kelsey Smith Foundation.
CERTAINTY IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
- Kelsey Smith ActExpedites release of cellphone location to law enforcement in an emergency.
- Hard 50 Sentencing Law EnhancementProvides a life sentence without eligibility for parole for 50 years for murder.
- Removing Barriers to Justice in Sex CrimesRemoves statute of limitations on the crime of rape/aggravated sodomy (or sexual assault as a category).
- Adam Walsh Act EnhancementProvides for greater registration & reporting of convicted sex offenders.
- Missing Persons ActAllows quicker reporting and makes reports actionable sooner.
- Funding Child Abuse Prevention & RecoveryRequired offender fines to fund victim prevention & recovery services.
- Human Trafficking Act AmendmentEscalates offense to felony prosecution and stronger jail penalties & fines.
- Jason Flatt Act (2016 Session)Requires K-12 personnel to receive training to identify & prevent student suicide.
- Juvenile Justice Reform Act (2016 Session)Reforms juvenile code to be more effective and localizes correctional resources.
Unemployment rate in Johnson County
Persons 25 & Older with at Least a High School Diploma
Total Kansas growth attributed to Johnson County new business establishments from 2005 to 2015
KC METRO ECONOMY
Total KC Metro Area growth attributed to Johnson County new business establishments from 2005 to 2015
The Smith for Senate team is proud to team up with Calvin Hayden, Republican Candidate for Johnson County Sheriff. We had a fun time this afternoon and contacted over 100 voters. We look forward to more joint walks.
Greg Smith shares about the life events that have lead him to a mission of public service.